Whether you are looking for a career or a part-time job, like working behind the scenes or desire direct contact with the public, the 88th Force Support Squadron has employment opportunities for nearly anyone.
The Force Support Squadron provides Morale, Welfare, and Recreation services to the base workforce in a variety of ways. A small sample of these services are childcare centers, recreation centers such as the Bowling Center, Golf Courses, Tennis Club, and Food Services such as Base Restaurants, the Club and Banquet Center. Services mostly consist of Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) employees.
NAF employment is considered federal employment. It is, however, different from federal civil service employment because the monies used to pay the salaries of NAF employees come from a different source. Civil service positions are paid for by money appropriated by Congress. NAF money, on the other hand, is self-generated revenue by Air Force clubs, bowling centers, golf courses, and other activities that utilize NAF employees.
We have two types of NAF positions: "flexible" and "regular." Flexible employees have work schedules that depend on the needs of the activity. These employees may work a minimum of zero hours to a maximum of 40 hours per week, and do not receive benefits. Regular employees work between 20 and 40 hours a week depending on position requirements, and are entitled to receive benefits. Regular employees are entitled to benefits such as health and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan, NAF retirement plan, and accrual of annual and sick leave and paid Federal holidays.
Below is a partial listing of employment opportunities:
- Custodial Worker
- Food Service Worker
- Child and Youth Program Assistant
- Recreation Aid
To apply for any job opening, please visit our website:
NOTE: NAF Employment Eligibility & Restrictions
* U.S. Citizens (must be 16 years of age)
* Authorized permanent residents (Proof of citizenship or authorization to work documentation must be presented prior to hiring)
* Some positions have minimum age requirements of 18 and 21
* Active duty officers are prohibited from NAF employment; Active Duty Enlisted individuals need supervisors approval to work part-time.
* Current full time civil service (GS/Appropriated) employees are not prohibited from NAF employment, however Dual Employment restrictions do not allow an employee to receive compensation from more than one civilian office or position of the Government of the United States for more than an aggregate of 40 hours of work in any one calendar week. Exception: US Postal Service Positions.
* Current full time AAFES fund employees are not prohibited from NAF employment, however Dual Employment restrictions do not allow an employee to receive compensation from more than one civilian office or position of the Government of the United States for more than an aggregate of 40 hours of work in any one calendar week.
* Appropriated fund employees who retired after 30 Mar 94 with an incentive offer are restricted from NAF employment for a period of five years unless the incentive is returned
* Former active duty military members who separated on or after 1 Oct 94 and received Voluntary Separation Incentive Pay (VSIP) or Special Separation Benefits (SSB) will forfeit benefits if hired within 180 days of separation